We all know how important it is to have a strong and unique password for different devices and apps, but how do we manage all of them?
If you’re using the method of keeping notes of your passwords on paper or virtually, your passwords are not secure and can easily get into the wrong hands. Also, if you're using the same password for all of your systems, it only takes one breach for a cybercriminal to gain access to all of your accounts.
If your password relates to anything significant in your life such as your birthday, family name, address, phone number, pet's name, etc. it may be easy for a hacker to decipher. You need strong and unique passwords for all of your systems, here's how you can do that!
Here are 5 tips to help you manage your passwords and keep your information safe.
1. Try to update your passwords at least every 6 months
2. Never reuse previously used passwords
3. Try to use MFA or 2FA whenever it's an option, this adds an extra level of security
4. We highly recommend using a password management tool such as Lastpass to help you generate unique passwords and keep them secure from potential hackers
5. Avoid using free software or apps for password management as they tend to be less secure and can put you at risk